Near Infrared Analysis
Manufactured by NIR Online GmbH (a German company) by Patrice Mauviel (Procon Technologies) and David Nunez (Intelliworks HT rep) email@example.com.
• NIR is in the 700 to 2500 nm wavelength light range
• Only can be used for organic materials -- typically used for quality control
○ Animal feed
○ Agriculture (wheat/flour)
○ Meat processing
○ Chemicals / polymers
○ Dairy (detect water, fat, protein content incheese)
• Color wheel analysis takes 60-80ms per sample
• Monochromatic analysis takes 20-30ms
• Diode array (used by NIR Online) takes 2ms per sample so it can be done in real time for process control.
• Camera CCD imaging can see down to 1 micron
• 95% of business is now done off-line in labs (send a sample off to a lab)
• NIR Online Gmbh device costs $65K to $90K
• Lens is saphire and typically presses directly against material sliding by it